Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Professional Look

The professional look is use in business to exert the feeling of "trust", "I'm ready to go" or "I value you as a person hence why I went the extra mile".

There was a time when it held ground but I feel like this look is now flawed. The business world is filled with crooks who only wears a tie to deceive or manipulate people into thinking that they can be trusted.

It's not about looking professional, it's about being professional. It's more important to be a man of your words than to look like one. I would rather have an honest politician in jeans than a dishonest one in a suit!

"But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart."
- 1 Samuel 16:7 (KJV)

Professionalism is more about who you are than how things look. Focus on your heart as well as your physical appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment